If you are a Pittsburgh Home Seller, now is an excellent time to list your home. The Pittsburgh real estate market has been hot.
It seems we can’t go anywhere that we are not asked, “How is the Pittsburgh Real Estate Market?”
We love to hear this question. The market is so hot in Pittsburgh right now that we do not have enough homes to sell!
Most real estate agents who work with buyers in our area will tell you their buyers can’t find a home to purchase. The homes that are properly prepared to sell and priced correctly sell fast, sometimes with multiple offers.
Buyers are getting desperate to find their dream home. Our advice to anyone thinking of selling their home is to strike while the iron is hot!
Lenders are predicting that interest rates will be increasing throughout this year. We have seen a small rise in rates, but it isn’t stopping buyers. As a matter of fact, the increase in rates may be bringing out more buyers who want to purchase their new home before the rates go higher.
Historically, more homes sell in the spring than any other season in the Pittsburgh real estate market. We have seen steady sales here for months, and now the activity is increasing with the promise of warmer temperatures and sunshine.
What should a homeowner do if they are considering selling their home?
- Find a real estate agent with an excellent track record. Selling a home in a hot real estate market can often be as tricky as selling a home in a slow market.
- Be open with your real estate agent about your plans for your new living arrangement. Your agent will be able to find your new home locally or help you find the right agent in your new location.
- Properly prepare your home to sell.
- Listen to your trusted advisor, your real estate agent. A real estate agent spends a lot of time studying the local real estate market and staying updated on the best marketing strategies.
- Consider a pre-inspection before you put your home on the market. A home inspector will go through your home following the same protocol they would for a buyer. This report will let you know of any items that need to be repaired or replaced. Fixing any safety issues or major ticket items in advance will prevent you from negotiating twice on your home, once with the initial offer and a second time following the home inspection. The buyer may still choose to have their inspection, but there is less likelihood of any surprises.
There are many reasons a Pittsburgh home seller decides to sell. You may be thinking of upsizing because your family is outgrowing your current home or downsizing because you find your home is now too large for you and your spouse.
You may have been dreaming about relocating to a new area. Now maybe the right time for you to take advantage of this hot Pittsburgh real estate market.
The SAYHAY Team is ready to help Pittsburgh home sellers experience a smooth home selling process. We can’t guarantee it will be stress-free, but we strive to eliminate as much stress as possible.
Contact us at 412-303-3600 or email SAYHAYTeam@gmail.com.